This article outlines how to integrate Google SSO with Curricula to provide your learners a fast and secure way to access the Curricula Security Awareness Training platform.
Create a Custom SAML app in GSuite
- Log into your GSuite admin account and click on ‘Apps’ from the Admin Console.
- Select ‘SAML Apps’ from the Apps screen.
- Select ‘Add a service/App to your domain’ on the SAML apps page.
- From the ‘Enable SSO for SAML Application’ box (pictured below), select ‘Setup My Own Custom App’ at the bottom.
- On the following screen, ‘Google IdP Information,’ you will need to copy the SSO URL and download the Certificate to enter into the Curricula app.
Proceed to the ‘Add App Credentials to Curricula’ section, but keep this window open — you will need to return after Step 4.
Add App Credentials to Curricula
- Log into your Curricula Admin account and navigate to the ‘Groups’ tab.
- Select the Group that will use Google SSO, and then navigate to the ‘Access’ tab.
- Under the ‘Authentication Type’ section, select ‘SAML Single Sign-on’ from the dropdown and click ‘Update.’
- Under the ‘SAML Configuration’ section, which will appear after completing the last step, enter the Google SSO URL from your application on the ‘Identity Provider Single Sign-on URL’ line. Then add your Google SSO certificate in the ‘New Identity Provider X.509 Certificate’ box below.
- Click the Update button in Curricula to save your changes.
- Return to the ‘Google IdP Information’ box from your Google Admin Console (Step 5 from the pervious section) and click Next.
- On the ‘Basic Information for your Custom App’ box, create a name on the ‘Application Name’ line, something like ‘Curricula Saml Application’ will work. You can also add a description under ‘Description’ if you choose.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Return to the ‘SAML Configuration’ section where you left off on mycurricula.com (Step 4 above) and copy the URL listed under ‘Service Provider Sign In URL.’
- Return to the Google Admin Console, to the ‘Service Provider Details’ box, and enter the URL you copied from the previous step into the Access URL and Entity ID fields.
- Check the Signed Response and click Next to proceed.
- On the ‘Attribute Mapping’ box, click Finish.
- The new application will appear on your SAML Apps list of GSuite. Click the ellipsis to the right of the screen on the app line and set it to ‘On for Everyone.’
Now that you have successfully set up Curricula SMAL, let’s test the configuration by signing in as a new user using the new Curricula SAML application.
Testing the Application
Any user in your organization logging into their Google account (myaccount.google.com) will now see Curricula SAML in their application dropdown (see screenshot below).
The user only needs to click on the Curricula SMAL application to be automatically logged into their Curricula learner account where they can watch new episodes available for them to complete.
Your Google <> Curricula integration is now complete!
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, you can visit Google’s or their resource.
You can also submit a support ticket with Curricula