With Curricula, you can schedule automated email notifications to inform learners when they have training to complete.
Our New Episodes and Episode Reminders notifications provide summaries of the training episodes available and the Magic Link or Access Code to access the platform.
We recommend enabling both New Episodes and Episode Reminders notifications after setting your program training schedule for the year.
New Episodes notifications function as an alert letting the Learner know there are new Episodes available in the platform for viewing. All Episodes for the scheduled month are made available on the 1st of every month.
You can decide what day of the week and time New Episode notifications are sent. New Episode notifications are delivered to every Learner in the Group during the first week of every month.
Keep in mind that New Episode Notifications are universal, not dynamic. This means that New Episode notifications will be delivered to everyone in the Group, even if a Learner has already completed that month's training on the 1st.
- Log into the admin portal of mycurricula.com and navigate to the Groups tab
- Click on the Group for which you'd like to add or edit Notifications, then navigate to the 'Notifications' tab.
- Navigate to the New Episodes section, click Enabled and set the date and time you would like these notifications to go out. You can also add a custom message if you choose
- Click Update to save your New Episodes settings
Curricula’s Episode Reminders allow you to schedule additional automatic notifications to those learners who have not yet completed available training. Reminder emails deliver to your learners once per week, on the day and time you choose, when these notifications are enabled.
To enable and schedule Episode Reminders notifications:
- Log into the admin portal of mycurricula.com and click on Groups
- Select the Settings for the group you would like to update
- Select the Notifications tab
- Under Episode Reminders, click Enabled and set the date and time you would like reminders to go out. You can add a custom message if you would like
- Click Update Episode Reminders to save your new settings
Manually Push Notifications to Learners
In addition to previously scheduled notifications, you can use Curricula’s Manual Push feature to send a training notification immediately to any learner(s) you select.
To send a Manual Push training notification to your learner(s):
1. Log into the admin portal of mycurricula.com and navigate to the Groups tab
2. Select the Group you'd like to edit and navigate to the Notifications tab.
3. Scroll down to the Episode Reminders section and click the Manual Push button
4. In the Recipients section, you'll have the option to select the 'All Learners' radio button, or 'Custom'.
- 'All Learners' will send an email to everyone in the Group who has not yet completed that month's assigned training, while the 'Custom' option will send emails only to those learners who (A) you've selected and (B) have not yet completed that month's assigned training.
- You can also add a Custom Message which will be displayed at the bottom of the email each Learner receives.
5. Click Send to deliver the email immediately.
Schedule Phishing Recovery Training Notifications
Curricula recommends making recovery training available to learners who become compromised during a phishing campaign. When enabled, after a learner clicks on a simulated malicious link, they will be directed to a brief training session they are required to complete. Recovery training is intended to reinforce the main learning objectives from Curricula’s phishing episode, reminding them what they should do when faced with suspected phishing emails in the future.
After falling for a phishing test, learners have to complete the recovery training before they can access regularly scheduled episodes. If they do not complete it immediately after the phishing test, Curricula can send a series of daily emails reminding them that they have required recovery training to complete.
Follow the steps below — before launching a phishing campaign — if you wish to schedule automated Phishing Recovery Training notifications to be sent to compromised learners.
- Log into the admin portal of mycurricula.com and click on the User dropdown on the top right hand corner of the screen
- Select Account
- Select account Settings
- Click on the Phishing tab
- Navigate to the Recovery Reminders section. Set your preference to Enabled and use the dropdown to select how many reminders you would like and the time of day they will go out. Add a custom message if you choose
- Click Update Recovery Reminders to save your new settings
Send Notifications to New Platform Managers and Learners
In addition to regular notifications for training, Curricula also allows you to send one-time notifications whenever you add new users, welcoming them to your Curricula training program and giving them important instructions for how to log into the platform. Notifications can be sent to both new platform Admins (which we call “Managers”) and new Learners.
When creating new Managers in your Curricula account, you will have the choice to immediately send them an automated welcome email. This welcome email includes a link for the new manager to create their login password to the platform, as well as our platform introduction video that will give them a short guided tour.
To send a welcome email notification to a new platform Manager:
- Log into the admin portal of mycurricula.com and select User in the top right hand corner
- Select Account from the dropdown
- Select the Managers tab on your Account page
- Navigate to the Managers section and click Create Manager
- On the new dialog box add the new manager’s email address and name, and then check the Send welcome email? box (see image below)
- Click Create Manager to complete the process
When a new Learner is added to Curricula, they are automatically enrolled to receive the scheduled notifications already set for the group they join. The next scheduled group notification will be the first notification a new learner receives.
If you want to send a training notification email immediately to a newly added Learner, follow the steps listed above under the Manual Push section.
As previously discussed, you can add custom messages to New Episodes, Episode Reminders, Manual Push, and Phishing Recovery Reminders notifications. These messages, which display prominently in the email notifications your learners receive, give you the opportunity to include special instructions to your whole group or, if you use a manual push, to individual learners.
As an example, here’s what your learners will see when you include a customized message in a Manual Push notification email.
Message added to a Manual Push email from the Curricula admin portal:
What your learner(s) will see in the notification email:
If you need to give your learners more specific instructions before they complete scheduled training, consider using the Custom Message field to add your instructions to training notification emails.
If you have any questions about Notifications or need technical assistance, you can use the link below to submit a support ticket.