In this case, your baseline is a measurement of the current state of your organization's ability to defend against a phishing attack. These measurements may include how many employees open an email, click a link, enter credentials, and how long it takes for someone to fall victim to an attack. Once you have an idea of your baseline, you can compare those results to future Phishing Campaigns and see how your defenses improve over time. If you need help running your first campaign, see Quick Start.
Articles in this section
- What does it mean when a Phishing Campaign is "In Progress?"
- What is Phishing?
- What Is a Baseline?
- Do you store credentials if my staff gets compromised?
- What is the Landing Page experience?
- What is the difference between click-only and a landing page?
- What is the Over Time option on the phishing campaign schedule?
- Can recovery training be disabled?
- When do phishing campaigns end?