In this article, we will discuss Curricula Learner Tags — what they are and how to utilize them in your Curricula account.
What are Learner Tags?
Learner Tags are a great way to further segment or identify specific learners based on a set of common characteristics or behaviors. Much like Departments, Learner Tags offer program admins (which we call 'Managers') the ability to associate Learners in the training program through the use of common labels added to Learner accounts.
Since Learners can only belong to a single Group in your Curricula account, Learner Tags are a great way to connect and track the progress of Learners who have similar traits but belong to separate groups.
Examples of Helpful Learner Tags
Learner Tags can be as varied as you choose to meet your program’s administrative and reporting needs. Here are a few helpful categories to consider when incorporating Learner Tags into your organization’s Curricula account:
Location — Does you organization have multiple offices? Are your Learners sprinkled across the state, country or world? You may want to create a Learner Tag for each location where you have a branch or office of Learners.
“Clickers” — We highly recommend creating a ‘Clickers’ tag to keep track of Learners who have a history of engaging with phishing campaign emails.
Training Types — You may want to create training-specific Learner Tags if some of your Learners are assigned specialized training as a part of your Curricula subscription. Are some of your Learners completing NERC CIP training through Curricula? Consider assigning them a NERC CIP Learner Tag. Are some Learners only in scope for phishing training? Maybe you should assign them a Phishing tag.
Full-time/Part-Time/Contractor — Consider assigning Learner Tags to differentiate between full-time and part-time staff, or staff and contractors.
How to Create and Edit Learner Tags
Creating and editing Learner Tags is managed through your Account Panel.
To create Learner Tags, follow these steps:
- Log into the admin portal of mycurricula.com and, from the top right corner of the screen, navigate to User > Account. Your Account Panel will appear.
- Click on 'Settings' and navigate to the Tags section under the 'Learner' tab.
- Type the new Tag name into the Create Tag Text Box (first image). A green box will appear below displaying the name of your new Tag. Click Create Tag on the right hand side of the green box (second image) to add this new Tag to your account. New Learner Tags will be added to the 'Tags List' once they are created.
You can edit or delete Learner Tags from the 'Tag List' by clicking 'Rename' or 'Remove'.
The 'Tag List' also presents the number of Learners associated with each Learner Tag, as well each Tag's 'Slug' — the second element of a properly formatted column label (cltag_[slug]) you will need to use when assigning Learner Tags via CSV files.
How to Assign Learner Tags
Now that you have created Learner Tags, it’s time to assign them to your Learners.
Learner Tags can be assigned individually from the Learners section of the admin platform by clicking on the Learner’s email address.
The 'Learner Card' will open to the 'Profile' tab. Scroll down to the Tags section. Click on the Select Tag Text Box and select from the list the Learner Tags to add to the Learner’s account.
If you would like to remove a Learner Tag from a a Learner’s account, simply click the “X” attached to the Tag or use the Select Tag list (see image below).
You can also add Learner Tags to your whole Learner list by exporting the list as a CSV file, assigning tags on the file, and reimporting it. Please see our How to Import/Export Learners Using CSV Files support article for instructions.
How to Create a Detailed Report Using Learner Tags
Learner Tags improve the reporting process by allowing program Managers to easily track the progress of Learners who share common Tag. You will need to use Curricula’s Detailed Report function to create Tag-specific reports. (See our Detailed Reports article for more information on this valuable tool.)
Follow the steps below to create a detailed report using Learner Tags:
- From the mycurricula.com admin portal, select the Reports section.
- Click the Detailed tab.
- Set the 'Show me' line dropdown to the specific object you want to include in the report and click Conditions to proceed. (For example, if you want to track how Learners using a common Tag performed in phishing tests, set the 'Show me' line to Phishing Attempts.)
- From the Conditions menu, select Learner.
- Click Tag… from the Learner options presented.
- On the new Learner Tag condition line, configure the dropdowns to your desired criteria, then click the Select Tag dropdown to choose which Learner Tag(s) to include in your report.
As you add, modify or remove Conditions, data will update dynamically in list format beneath the settings panel.
When all of your desired conditions are in place, you can export the data in CSV format by clicking the Export button from the settings panel (towards the top right corner of the screen). If you would like to easily recreate this custom report with updated data at a later date, click Save report… and your conditions will be added to the Prebuilt reports… list on the settings panel.
You can contact us anytime by submitting a support request using the link below: