This 'How To' guide covers a variety of topics about Curricula's new feature, including:
What is an Assignment?
How to Create an Assignment
How to Edit an in-progress Assignment
Configuring default settings for all Assignments
What to do if you already set your training schedule
What is an ‘Assignment’?
- Content — Curricula training episodes that can be scheduled to be completed.
- Audience — The learners that will be enrolled in and required to complete the assignment. Assignment audiences can now include learners associated with different Groups, Departments, or Tags.
- Settings — The specific controls selected to govern how learners will proceed through and interact with the assignment.
How to Create an Assignment
- Click the 'Add Content' button in the middle of the screen.
- Scroll through the episode list and select the episode(s) you want to add to your new assignment. (Episodes can be previewed before adding them by clicking the ‘Preview’ button under the episode’s title and description.) Click 'Done' when you are finished adding episodes to your assignment.
- Next, click the settings icon on any episodes you wish to customize. Episodes can be customized by setting a minimum passing score, selecting the month and day each episode will unlock for your learners to complete, and/or adding a company Policy Link or Security Contact to display at the end of the episode.
- Finalize your content selections. Use the delete icon to remove any episode you do not wish to use. Click the ‘Add More Content’ button at the bottom to return to the episode list.
- Once your content is selected and customized to your liking, click ‘Next’ at the top right of the screen to proceed to Step 2.
- Enrollment notifications inform learners when they are added to a training assignment for the first time.
- Completed Assignment notifications inform learners when they have completed the assignment.
- Content Unlocked notifications inform learners when training episodes included in the assignment become available for them to complete.
- Content Reminders notifications are delivered weekly, on the day and time selected, to learners who have not yet completed all unlocked training episodes assigned to them.
How to Edit an In-Progress Assignment
- The ‘Overview’ report, which gives high-level data points like the assignment’s overall completion rate and the average score learners have achieved so far for all completed episodes. These data points are then broken down and displayed on an episode-to-episode basis below. The overview report can be downloaded into an easy-to-read .pdf by clicking the ‘Export to PDF’ button at the top right of the section.
- The ‘Learner Completion’ report, where you can track the progress of each learner through each episode already available in the assignment. This table can be downloaded into a .csv by clicking the ‘Export to CSV’ on the right side of the page.
Configuring Default Settings for All Assignments
- From the Curricula admin platform, click on ‘User’ and then ‘Account’ from the top right corner of the screen. This will direct you to the Account Panel.
- Select ‘Settings’ and click on the ‘Assignments’ tab.
- Configure the settings that you want to become standard for any Assignments you will create. Configurable settings include defaults for passing scores, navigation controls, and notifications.
- Once your settings are configured, click the Save buttons to update.